Did you know that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends at least 1 hour of exercise per day?
For youth in school for several hours, that hour can be difficult to find!
But the Y offers several exciting sports programs that will help youth:
- be active
- learn, grow, or improve specific skills
- develop the Y's four core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring
- make friends
- grow in teamwork and good sportsmanship
- feel supported while learning new skills
- enjoy a nurturing environment to boost self-esteem and likelihood of success
- have fun!
We offer a number of youth programs, including a variety of sports, swimming activities, and camps for kids and teens of all ages. YMCA sports offers children an opportunity to learn how to play most sports in a less-competitive environment. All of the sports programs have implemented special rules dictating guaranteed playing time for all participants that ensures your child a great opportunity to play.
The goal of the YMCA for every child is to have a fun, safe, and productive experience in any sport offered, as the YMCA believes that the overall well-being and success of the athletes is more important than winning.
Registration is open for the following programs (use the program menu below!):
- Tennis Lessons at the Reservoir Branch. Click here to register.
- Youth Soccer at Flowood Branch. Click here to register.
- Youth Boxing at the Clinton Branch. Visit www.MetroYMCAMS.org/boxing-youth to learn more.
- Mini Mites Track and Field at the Clinton Branch. Visit www.MetroYMCAMS.org/track-field to learn more.
- Flag Football at the Clinton or Reservoir Branches. Visit www.MetroYMCAMS.org/flag-football to learn more.
- Cheer at the Clinton Branch. Click here to register.
Questions? Contact Fred Tanner at email@example.com.