During our Summer Camp, children ages 5-12 can develop skills, self-confidence, new friendships, and a sense of belonging – all while having tons of fun.
Here's what children can expect at summer camp:
- Age-appropriate games
- Variety of sports
- Arts and crafts
- Plenty of pool time
- STEM activities
- Field trip opportunities
- And so much more!
Here's what YOU can expect:
- Up to 10 weeks of fun-filled, confidence building summer
- Affordable and quality care
- Efficient drop off
- Nurturing and supportive environment
- Twice daily healthy snacks
- Responsive communication
- Pick up as late as 6:00pm
Summer Camp Experience
Here's how to register (starting October 15, 2023 for Summer Camp 2024):
- Call (601) 926-9622 and select your branch. Ask to speak to the childcare director.
- Pay the $90 registration fee to reserve your spot!
- Fill out the online paperwork, and your child is set for a confidence building summer!
$147/week for members
$177/week for community members
Financial assistance is available for families who need it to ensure that all children in our community can have enriching summer experiences. Please contact (601) 926-9622 for more information.
Our camps fill up fast, so reserve your spot today!
Is your child too old for camp, but not old enough to be a counselor? Have them apply to the Counselor in Training (CIT) Program!
What is a counselor in training (CIT)?
CIT participants work under the supervision and support of Directors and Counselors. They will practice leadership skills under close adult supervision and must be a good role model for younger campers. They must be between the ages of 13 - 15.
What will my child be expected to do?
- CIT members will be provided time to learn and practice leadership skills such as teaching swimming, leading opening & closing ceremonies, singing songs, demonstrating sports skills, etc.
- CIT participants will be placed with a camper group that has two counselors.
- CIT participants will be available to help with ensuring transitions are smooth, managing camp, and retrieving items as needed so that the counselors can focus on the youth.
- CIT participants must attend staff trainings and staff meetings.
- CIT participants will receive their own uniform and must wear it daily.
- CIT participants will be signed in and out of camp daily by their parents.
How do they apply?
1) Fill out the application by clicking here.
2) Submit the application by May 10, 2024 by emailing:
Reservoir Branch: ReservoirChildCare@MetroYMCAMS.org
Clinton Branch: ClintonChildCare@MetroYMCAMS.org
3) A background check, references, and a drug test are required of all participants.
Please note that there is a limit of 12 CIT participants per site.