Steady and Strong Parkinson's Program
The Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi 's Steady and Strong Parkinson's Program is supported by a community grant from the Parkinson’s Foundation. This program is offered at NO COST to Parkinson’s patients and their families and has 32 current participants on the roster.
While individuals may come for exercise, they will find so much more than that. Come to try out the class!
If you're a new participant, simply come the first day and fill out a waiver. If you decide to join the class, staff will give you the appropriate papers to bring back at a later date.
In person group exercise classes are offered weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00pm - 2:00pm at the Flowood Family YMCA.
- Twice a week in person group exercise classes that offer:
- muscle strengthening
- hand-eye coordination
- balance exercises
- Support group for participants and their caregivers
- Special events as chosen by the class
- Virtual class offered on Mondays at 1:00pm
- Fine Motor skills classes offered on Wednesdays at 10:00am or Thursdays at 2:00pm
If you or a family member would want to come and try the class, please join us! Visiting from out of town? No problem. We would love to have you as well. Simply fill out a guest waiver in order to participate.
Questions? Contact Amy Rimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (601) 326-0542.